Thursday, April 3, 2014

Captain America: Winter Soldier, an Advance Review!

Yeah, that's right, I haven't been here since I post one of my Avengers Classic panels waaaay back...

Two years have come and go, and in the meantime a lot of stuff has kept me from regularly writing on this blog that was intended as an outlet for my thoughts regarding, well, mostly everything!

This time around I want to share with you my thoughts - and my official review - on the latest Marvel Studios blockbuster (which I loved and my girl Natalia not that much...), Captain America: Winter Soldier.


This movie, although with an original script, is based on a story arc of the Captain America title from 2005-2006, "Winter Soldier", by Ed Brubaker & Steve Epting.

That arc broke an unwritten law in Comics. It brought back one character that along with only two others (Peter Parker's Uncle Ben and Gwen Stacy) were supposed to stay dead forever, as they provided an explanation, a motivation, a reason for the lead heroes to be flawed and full with guilt.

It brought back Bucky, WWII Cap partner who died in comics in 1945. But he was seriously changed.

And as I'm not going to spoil the rest, you can read my Advance Review right here, where it was orignally posted, and as long as you're there feel free to check the rest of this amazing site, www.PsychoDriveIn.com.


This review has been reposted on the site I used to Social Media Manage, www.ComicsBulletin.com.

My thoughts on the movie? 5 stars out of 5. It is a movie worth seeing, whether you dig the spy, thriller, political intrigue or superhero genres. It has it all, and what's better, it feels true to the original source at every second of its more than 2 hours.

A great Captain America. One to be really excited about!




   

No comments:

Post a Comment